The USA is one of the most appealing countries in the world for those seeking to relocate. What makes it so appealing is the fact that one can start a business here without too much hustle. The US government has even created a legal framework through which those who want to immigrate to the USA and start their own companies can apply for investor visas.
Also known as the EB-5 visa, the investor visa for the USA is granted to foreign citizens committing to allocate a significant amount of money to a project which creates at least 10 full-time jobs in the USA.
Below, our specialists in buying golden visas in the most attractive citizenship by investment countries in the world explain how to obtain an investor visa for the USA. We can also guide those who want to obtain such a visa through the entire immigration procedure.
USA investor visa categories
Those who want to buy a golden visa in the USA by applying for golden passports must know that they can qualify for the following categories of this program:
- the C5-type of investor visa for the USA which means creating jobs outside a targeted area;
- the T5-type visa which implies creating jobs in a targeted rural area or an area with a high unemployment rate;
- the R5-type investor visa which was created as an Investor Pilot Program in a non-targeted zone;
- the I5-type investor visa which is another Pilot Program created in a targeted area.
No matter the type of program one decides to invest in, the EB-5 visa requirements are the same. If you have any questions on how to obtain citizenship by investment in the USA, our golden visa specialists can also advise on that. We can also advise on other golden visa countries.
Qualification requirements for an investor visa in the USA
There are several requirements that need to be complied with in order to obtain an investor visa for the USA. These are:
- the minimum amount of money to be invested is one million USD;
- the amount of money can be reduced to half a million USD if the investment is made in a targeted employment area;
- the investment must lead to the creation of 10 full-time jobs for a minimum period of 2 years.
Applicants must also respect the following conditions:
- they must have clean criminal records;
- the funds they invest must come from a legitimate source (proof will be required);
- the investment must be considered “at risk”.
Our golden visa advisors can offer detailed information about the qualification requirements for a USA investor visa and on other golden visa countries.
Steps for obtaining an investor visa in the USA
The application for the investor visa in the USA must be filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and implies the following steps:
- filing the application for the visa (Form I-526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur);
- once the form is approved, the applicant must pay the fees for the investor visa;
- the visa interview will be held after the applicant submits all the documents requested by the USCIS;
- the applicant must also undergo a medical examination (the examination depends on the country of origin).
The documents which need to be filed when applying for an investor visa in the USA are:
- the passport which must have a 6-month validity at the time the application is filed;
- Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application;
- two photographs;
- the birth certificate, the marriage certificate (where applicable);
- proof of sufficient funds for self-sustenance and for the investment;
- the medical exam forms.
Before starting the application for USA golden passports, foreign investors should know that a limited number of applicants are accepted every year. The EB-5 visa application procedure starts on October 1st of every year. It is also important to know that the applicant should start preparations a few months before the actual application.
You can rely on our advisors if you need guidance on citizenship by investment countries.
Advantages of the investor visa for the USA
One of the most important benefits of the golden visa program is that family members, such as spouse and children, can also relocate with the applicant. Even if the EB-5 visa does not grant citizenship, but applicants will obtain Green Cards and after 5 years or permanent residence in the country, they can also apply for US citizenship through naturalization.
Immigrating to the USA by buying a golden visa has many advantages to those willing to invest in targeted and non-targeted areas and if you need more information or support with the application, please contact us. We can also advise on other immigration programs around the world if you are interested in the golden visa program under very advantageous conditions.