The Caribbean is one of the most sought tourist destinations in the world, however, businesspersons can also find plenty of investment opportunities in tourism or other industries. For this purpose, they can relocate here by applying for regular residence permits or they can enter one of the golden passports schemes available in several countries in the region.
The Saint Lucia citizenship by investment program is one of the most appealing in this sense, as it offers several options and is also subject to various financial requirements that can meet the needs of applicants. Below, our golden visa specialists explain the main benefits of this golden visa program.
The St. Lucia citizenship by investment program and its requirements
People looking for golden visa countries in the Caribbean can join the St. Lucia residency by investment program that is available to everyone who can meet the financial requirements imposed by the government here.
Applicants need to be at least 18 years old at the time of the application, they must have clean criminal records, as verifications will be completed in this sense and must commit to investing in the project they choose under the conditions of the St. Lucia golden visa program.
Should you need advice on the St. Lucia citizenship cost, you should know that there are also specific government fees to acknowledge, as well as specific requirements when family relocation is involved.
You can obtain the needed details on what the St. Lucia passport by investment implies from our golden visa agents here.
Options to enter the citizenship by investment scheme in Saint Lucia
One of the main aspects we would like to point out is that Saint Lucia is one of the few citizenship by investment countries in this part of the world to offer the possibility to invest in a business as part of the golden visa program.
Here are the main choices when seeking to apply for Saint Lucia citizenship by investment:
- the minimum amount to be invested is 100,000 USD as a donation to the National Economic Fund;
- another option is investment in a real estate project with a minimum value of 300,000 USD;
- investment in a business approved by the government in which the minimum amount to invest is 3.5 million USD or;
- investment of at least 6 million USD in a business approved by the government.
Those who want to apply for the St. Lucia golden visa program under the business option must also create at least 3 jobs, respectively 6 jobs for the second choice.
As you can read here, the golden visa program developed by this country is quite appealing. However, if you are interested in other citizenship by investment countries, we have agents in many other states, so we can help you.
Additional requirements under the St. Lucia passport by investment scheme
Most people interested in Saint Lucia citizenship by investment choose the first option, as it is quite appealing, however, they should also note the following:
- the minimum amount of 100,000 USD is available for a single applicant only;
- for an applicant moving to St. Lucia and the spouse, the amount increases at 140,000 USD;
- for an applicant moving here with the spouse and other two dependents, the amount is raised at 150,000 USD.
When it comes to the dependents one can bring here under the St. Lucia residency by investment scheme, here are the most important things to consider:
- children under the age of 30 are accepted;
- parents of the main applicant above 55 years old are also accepted;
- siblings who have passed the age of 18 are also accepted into the program.
Saint Lucia is one of the few golden visa countries to offer such facilities to those seeking to relocate here with extended family.
All applications are processed by the Citizenship by Investment Board which falls under the supervision of the St. Lucia Government.
If you want to buy a golden visa and need more information on the St. Lucia citizenship cost under this scheme, we kindly invite you to discuss it with our advisors.
Advantages of the Saint Lucia citizenship by investment program
Saint Lucia is a great country for those interested in obtaining golden passports, as it offers the following:
- a visa processing time of approximately 4 months for obtaining citizenship here;
- free movement to Singapore, Hong Kong, the UK and the Schengen area;
- visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to other 140 countries;
- dual citizenship is also possible.
If you want to apply for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia and need assistance, please contact us. We can also offer guidance on programs in other citizenship by investment countries.