Saint Kitts and Nevis is one of the most appealing Caribbean destinations to relocate to. With a golden visa program that was initiated in 1984 but not limited to this scheme, foreign citizens will find plenty of reasons to live here. There are several ways through which foreign citizens can immigrate here.
In this article, we present the main options you have if you want to immigrate to St. Kitts and Nevis. One of them is the citizenship by investment scheme and our golden visa agents can help you obtain a golden passport.
Table of Contents
Types of visas for St. Kitts and Nevis
Usually, tourist and business visas are 2 of the most sought for St. Kitts and Nevis. However, the twin-island state allows foreign citizens to enter and stay here for up to 6 months based on a valid passport. The validity of the travel passport must match that of the 6-month visa exemption.
People who want to move to St. Kitts and Nevis on the long term can apply for employment permits if they want to work here. The most relevant aspect here is that they need to secure business or tourist visas based on which they will apply for work permits. The alternative is the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment scheme which comes with more advantages,
In order to immigrate to St. Kitts and Nevis based on employment the following procedure should be completed:
- file for a tourist/business visa;
- enter St. Kitts and Nevis based on this visa and apply for the work permit.
It is important to note that business and tourist visas are usually issued in about 2 weeks, however, this depends on the applicant’s country of origin. The following documents must be prepared before moving to St. Kitts and Nevis:
- the valid passport;
- the application form issued by the nearest St. Kitts and Nevis embassy/consulate;
- passport-sized photos;
- an employment letters from the St. Kitts and Nevis company hiring the foreign citizen.
Another important aspect to consider is that the applicant needs to secure a rental/lease agreement as proof of residency before applying for the work permit. This procedure can be handled once the person moves to the country.
The aspects mentioned above are also some of the most important benefits that come with applying for a golden visa for St. Kitts and Nevis.
We can also offer support if you are interested in other golden visa/golden passport countries in the Caribbean region.
How to immigrate to St. Kitts and Nevis through citizenship by investment
A foreign citizen who decides to relocate to St. Kitts and Nevis can buy a golden visa which implies making a specific investment with the St. Kitts and Nevis Government.
The following options are available:
- a donation of 150,000 USD to the Sustainable Growth Fund for a single applicant;
- real estate purchase worth at least 200,000 USD.
These options are completed by the following:
- in the case of donations, for the main applicant and 3 more family members (spouse and children, usually), the amount grows to 195,000 USD;
- per each additional family member, the donation increases by 10,000 USD;
- real estate purchase with a minimum value of 400,000 USD enables the applicant to sell the property after 5 years.
If you want to immigrate to St. Kitts and Nevis through this program our specialists can help you draft and file all the documents. This way, you can obtain citizenship by investment in due time which implies 5 or 6 months.
A St. Kitts and Nevis passport by investment comes with extensive visa-free travel to more than 150 countries. Do not hesitate to contact us for support in moving here as soon as possible.