If you want to immigrate to Antigua from USA, you can choose to apply for an ordinary residence permit or for citizenship by investment, depending on how long you plan on staying here. Antigua and Barbuda is an appealing destination for citizens of developed countries who want to retire to a more quiet place and live tranquil lives.
Our local specialists are at your service if you want to buy a golden visa and move to Antigua and Barbuda through its citizenship by investment program.
Table of Contents
How to immigrate to Antigua from USA based on ordinary residency
First of all, you should note that entering Antigua and Barbuda from the US is possible by obtaining a visa on arrival. This means that you need not complete any formalities when leaving, just make sure you have a valid travel document. The recommended minimum validity of a passport is 6 months for those who come for tourism or business purposes, or to visit family members.
If you decide to move to Antigua from USA, you can apply for:
- a temporary residence permit that has a 3-year validity period;
- a permanent residence permit that can be acquired after living here for 4 years;
- marriage is also a way of immigrating to Antigua from the US and residency can be obtained after 1 year of living here.
So, if any of these options seems appealing, you can obtain more information on the formalities to complete from our consultants. However, if you are interested in the golden visa program, you can obtain the necessary support in drafting your paperwork.
We can also guide on other golden visa countries that offer similar investment conditions, including in Europe.
Residency/citizenship by investment, a good immigration option for American citizens
Antigua’s government targets attracting foreign citizens and investors who can contribute to the country’s economy. In exchange, these can live or have an Antiguan passport without even having to live here.
Here are the main conditions of the golden passport in Antigua and Barbuda:
- a $100,000 USD contribution to the National Development Fund which is one of the most advantageous options for moving here;
- a $150,000 donation to the University of the West Indies is another option for Americans who want to migrate to Antigua;
- $200,000 real estate acquisition, where the amount represents the value of the property to purchase;
- $1.5 million in the purchase of a local company is an option targeting investors who want to run businesses from here.
Real estate purchase is the latest option included in the citizenship by investment scheme in Antigua and Barbuda. Its main advantage is that you can acquire a property where you can spend your vacations, while renting it for the rest of the time, thus proving a great investment. The tourism season in Antigua spans over 5 months, usually from December to April.
Compared to the other options, you can obtain an Antigua passport within 3 to 5 months from filing your application.
If you are considering several citizenship by investment countries, Antigua and Barbuda is one of the most offering in terms of options.
Tailored support for moving to Antigua from USA
If you decide to immigrate to Antigua from the USA, our golden visa specialists are at your service. We can help you prepare the documents you need to file with the local immigration authorities. This way, you can obtain your passport within the 3 to 5 months projected by the government and enjoy the benefits that come from having a golden passport in Antigua.
Do not hesitate to contact our local advisors for more information on the best way to immigrate to Antigua from the USA.