With a population of fewer than 200,000 people, St. Lucia is one of the most appealing tourist destinations in the Caribbeans. Seeking to attract more and more foreigners who come and stay here for longer periods. Launched in 2021, the Live It program is in fact a digital nomad visa for remote workers.
If you want to work remotely, the digital nomad visa for St. Lucia may be the scheme you were looking for when considering an exotic destination. Below, our specialists invite you to discover it. We also specialize in citizenship by investment programs, including that of St. Lucia, if you are interested in it.
Table of Contents
The St. Lucia Live It program
St. Lucia is a British overseas territory, and it welcomes thousands of tourists every year. Since tourism is one of its main industries, the government launched the Live It program in 2021, and through it, tourists could stay and work from here for 6 weeks. In August 2021, the scheme was altered enabling those interested to prolong their stay here for one year.
If you would like to apply for a digital nomad visa for St. Lucia, the procedure is fairly simple. You will obtain a multiple-entry visa with a validity of 12 months so that you can come and work remotely from here several times during a calendar year.
If you decide to buy a golden visa, our consultants are at your disposal with information on the main investment options and support with your application.
Requirements to apply for a remote worker visa in St. Lucia
The conditions to apply for a digital nomad visa for St. Lucia are less stringent compared to other neighboring countries, such as Dominica or Antigua. First of all, there is no need to indicate proof of a minimum income obtained outside of the country. On the other hand, you will be required to declare the amount of money you carry with you during your stay here.
Here is what to expect when filing for a remote worker visa in St. Lucia:
- all you need to do is to file an application with the St. Lucia government;
- alongside it, you must also prepare another minimum set of documents;
- you need to apply for the visa 2 weeks before coming to the country, as it takes around 5 working days to have it approved;
- you also need to pay the entry fee.
When it comes to the documents you need to submit for the digital nomad visa, you should prepare the following:
- the passport with a minimum validity of 6 months;
- 2 recent photographs;
- proof of accommodation;
- a copy of the return flight ticket.
With respect to the fees, it is USD 75 for the entire year, which makes the digital nomad visa one of the cheapest in the region.
Most foreigners who live here have chosen the capital, Castries and a few smaller towns around that host around 20,000 expats, and Soufriere which is home to around 8,000 foreign citizens.
If after this experience you decide to remain here, feel free to inquire about the St. Lucia citizenship by investment program with us. We can also assist if you want to apply for another golden visa program.
How much does it cost to live in St. Lucia?
If you have decided to apply for a digital nomad visa for St. Lucia, here is what to consider in terms of living costs as a foreigner:
- meals here are quite cheap ranging from USD 7.5 to more than USD 75 in mid-range restaurants;
- utilities cost around USD 70 per month, while for internet services you should expect to pay around USD 90 for a good connection that enables you to work;
- a one-bedroom apartment on the outskirts of the capital is around USD 300, while in the city center, the same apartment can cost you nearly USD 500.
Contact us for more information on the remote worker visa or for assistance in applying for a golden passport.